Thursday, November 5, 2009

What I am Thankful for....

Today I am Thankful for-
My Grandparents-Sharlene and Pete Memmott...
they are my Mom's parents and I love them so much...I lived with them for a year right after I graduated High School and I had so much fun living with them...we had some good laughs and I kept them up late on numerous occasions and when they wanted to go to bed I would just sweet talk them and tell them that if they stayed up with me that they would stay young...I am not sure it helped them stay young but we still had some fun...
I have always lived near my Grandparents and I see them at least once a week-with the exception of when they leave to go to the mountain for the summer...when Odin was born they had just left to go to the mountain a few weeks before and so they didn't get to see him for a little while but when Cort was born they were able to be at the hospital with me and I loved having them there...when it was time to start pushing and everyone went out into the hall I remember giving them both hugs and I started crying because I was so overwhelmed with emotion and so very, very happy they were there with me...
they are such shining examples to everyone around them and they just love unconditionally...they have so many life experiences there isn't much that they can't help you through...
they both have been having some health issues and I hate that they are getting older...I can't imagine my life with out them...I know I can call on them anytime and I know they would do anything for me and my family...and when they aren't here any more what will I do?...
My boys absolutely love them and they get so excited to go to Grandma and Grandpas-I can't even drive by there house with out Odin noticing where we are and he throws a royal fit when we don't stop...
there is just so much to say about them that I could go on and on for days-maybe even weeks-but I really am just so Thankful to have Grandparents like them...I hope that when I become a Grandma that I can be as cool, loving, tender, hilarious, spunky, knowledgeable, and everything that they are...
Grandma and Grandpa- I LOVE YOU!!!!
and Thank You for everything you do!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment