Monday, November 9, 2009

Thankful

So today my Thankful thought is a little complicated...
so here goes some explaining...
Today is my Aunt Hope's Birthday....she is such an Awesome Aunt and I love having her in my life...

(This was the day I went into labor with Stetson.)
She is Always there for me and Always answers my Dumb questions (and I have a lot) without making me feel dumb...We like to call her Dr. Hope at our house...That is because we usually are asking her Dr. questions...I am one of those paranoid moms and she saves me a ton of money by answering my questions instead of letting me run to the Doctors office all the time...She is such a good example and you can feel her love whenever you are around her...

(This was at the hospital waiting for Stetson Cort to make his appearance.)

(This is Hope giving Stetson Cort lots of kisses when he was born.)

So today was going to be all about her but when I logged on to FaceBook and read my Mom's Thankful thought for today it gave me the idea to broaden my Thankful thought a little...
you see my Mom said how she was Thankful for those people in the world that make the hard choice of giving their child up for adoption and for those who make the decision to adopt a child...I thought that was a Great thing to be Thankful for and it goes right along with
My Aun
t Hope...
My Aunt Hope was adopted when she was young...My Mom always says she was found under a rock but I am not sure I believe that story :) ...My Grandparents made a very hard but very important decision and Adopted Hope...Hope has always said that she was meant to be Pete and Sharlene's (my grandparents) daughter but she missed the boat and so she had to come to this earth a different way to get to them...
and I agree with her 100%...
she is just like her sisters and she was meant to be their sister...
and she was meant to be My Aunt
I am so Proud of my Grandparents for making the decision to adopt Hope and give her a happier and better life...
I am proud of those Mothers out there in the world who make the tough decision to give their child to a couple who can love them and raise them and give them a happier home...That has got to be hard...
and I am proud of those people who are able to adopt and give a child a happier and healthier home...
So today I am Thankful for...
Adoption and My Aunt Hope...
I love you Auntie Hopie and I hope you have a GREAT Birthday!!!


(This was taken at the hospital waiting for Odin to make his appearance.)

1 comment:

  1. Tears again!!! Thanks Britt. I love you and your cute little family. You guys mean the world to me. You always make me feel so important and loved!!!! Thanks for the post.... I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete