Monday, July 5, 2010

Once Upon a Time...




Ok so a little extra about this story...
On the night of my Grad Night (10 years ago-how old am I getting)...I was running up the stairs to help my friend get a couch to sit on and my shoe caught our gym stairs-mind you they are cement and really steep-and I fell and my hands did not stop my face from hitting the stairs...
I instantly grabbed my mouth and turned around and found an adult and showed them I was hurt bad...
my mom was a helper at Grad Night but she had gone to take the trash out and no one could find her...I kept telling the adults around me that my teeth are gone and they kept saying you are fine because they didn't want me to freak out more...I could slide my tongue around and knew I was missing teeth...so they finally believed me and started looking for my teeth...
in the meantime my Best Friends Mom threw me in her car and rushed me to the dentist office while another Mom called and woke the dentist up to meet us there...we were sitting in the parking lot when my mom showed up and I started crying and told her I didn't have my teeth...so my Best Friends Mom jumped back in her car and ran back to the high school to find my teeth while my mom and I said a quick prayer...
my Best Friends Mom walked back into the high school and tons of people were going through the trash looking for my teeth...she walked over to the stairs and there was my tooth-the whole tooth-sitting on the stairs...she grabbed it and ran back to the dentist office...she got back just as the dentist pulled up...
it had been close to the 20 minute mark if not longer and the tooth had been sitting on the stairs but he didn't have time to clean it or numb me up...I jumped in the chair and he moved the second tooth over back into its place and then shoved my missing tooth in...the root was attached but since it hadn't been put in milk or cleaned he told me it could still die and fall out...
to this day I still have my two original front teeth...they of course have had root canals and are beginning to discolor a little bit but not to bad yet...Almost all of my classmates have no idea this happened to me and I of course missed Most of Grad Night...
so moral of this story is that I do not do good with teeth so when this happened to Odin I had to keep control and keep from throwing up...I am deathly afraid of my teeth or the teeth of anyone around me getting hurt...but I held it together and Odin is just fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment