Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Vacation

July 16th thru the 19th, 2009
We took a family vacation and went up north to do the Oquirrh Temple and Hogel Zoo and Church Museum and Welfare Square and the Living Aquarium...we had a lot of fun and it was all cheap or free...we love cheap and free...My Uncle Darwin and his family came down for the Osness Reunion and so they also went to Salt Lake with us since it is on their way home and did the whole family vacation with us...we all stayed in the same motel and so this is everyone that was there...
My family (Taylors): 4
My
Parents and Siblings: 4
My Aunts family (Clydes): 5

My Uncles Family (Barnums): 8

M
y Grandparents: 2 plus 2 dogs
so if you count t
hose all up there were a total of 23 of us and two dogs...to say the least whenever we went down to the pool at the end of the day anyone who was there would all of a sudden get out and leave...I don't know why?...maybe 23 people is a little overwhelming...we had so much fun...here are some of the pictures from my camera and I will add more from my moms camera soon... ENJOY!!!

The first day we went to the Living Aquarium...it was really fun and we were able to touch some stingrays...we tried to get Odin to touch them and he was not having any of that...and when me and my sister were trying to get him to touch one it came up on and almost out the side and it fell backwards and splashed us and that made Odin really not want to touch one...Brooke and I were laughing pretty hard...

The second day we were there we got up and went to the Hogle Zoo...right when it opened so we could beat the heat...it was pretty fun but we need to go when it is so hot outside because most of the animals were sleeping because it was too hot to do anything else...over all we had fun...
The third day we went to Temple Square and to the Church Museum...it was fun to go through the Church Museum and refresh yourself on the history of the church...my memorable moment was upstairs they have the past Prophets and some of their things and what they accomplished and their history...and President Hinckley's stuff was up there...that was a surreal moment for me since he was the prophet that I remember and that I learned from...it was a cool thing to read about him and see his stuff...I loved it...
and there was a kid section and Odin had a GREAT time in there...
and of course he loved the escalators...

My sister-in-law started taking the missionary discussions with the sister missionaries in her area and the one she really loved got transfered to Temple Square...so we promised to find her and give her hugs and get pictures with her...her name is Sister Mok and she is such a sweet girl and no wonder Brandon and Lacey love her...it only took us a few minutes to find her...the second place we went she was there...we got really lucky...
This is where you would find Odin every morning when he woke up...as soon as he would wake up he would run to the door at the motel room and cry and wait for his Nana to come and get him...it was pretty funny...we had to fight to get him dressed and as soon as he was dressed he would take off to find his Nana...what a CRAZY BOY!!!
This is what the boys looked like the day we left to head home...we wore them out big time...such cute boys when they are sleeping...Odin definately sleeps like his mom and dad...we both have our hands above our heads...

1 comment:

  1. Hey... I WAS THERE!!!! What a fun trip!!! BTW, see how your letters on some of the post are blue. When you are posting pictures, hit the return button a few times until when you type it isn't underlined and it will not do that. Does that make sense? If not, call me. The different color means you are too close to the picture. There, clear as mud. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete