So my brother told my mom today that his friend lost his nephew yesterday. I think that anyone who has kids or is planning on having kids needs to read this and just remember.
The parents put him down for a nap and when he didn't come out of his room after his nap they went in to check on him. He had been playing with the cord to the blinds and got tangled in it and the cord strangled him. This happens more often then we know but it really hits home when it is someone you know. We need to remember that kids will make toys out of pretty much anything. So take the time to look around their room and put those cords up high and do what we can to protect them from such innocent things. And when you go to someone Else's house check out their room before you put your kid in there. My heart just aches for those parents and I hope we can all learn from their tragedy and protect our children as much as we can. Pass the word on to any parents you know and hopefully we can save someones life.