Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bunk Bed


Well the boys have a Bunk Bed now...I seriously posted about putting Cort in a Big Boy bed and the Black Eye then less then a Month later we had these Bunk Beds...so the pour kid went from a crib to a Big Boy bed to a REALLY BIG BOY BED...I put that stopper on his bed cause I was worried about him rolling off but ended up taking off with in a couple of days because him and his brother just used it as a toy to jump off of...go figure my Monkeys turning their new bed into some climbing and jumping toy...
I was a nervous wreck for the first week with Cort climbing up on top but I couldn't keep him off and then within two days he had figured out how to climb back down so I just tried to stop worrying...I know this will be where they get their first broken bone or stitches from but I can only do so much to prevent it...
It is going to be a tight fit with this bunk bed and a crib in there but we will make it work because that is the only choice we have...someday we may have a bigger house with a yard but really the thought of trying to sell our town home or rent it out and find another home causes me WAY too much anxiety so I just make due with what we have...
Funny little story too: When we got these beds is when I started yelling at Cort to "Get Down" and now he yells at everyone else to "Get Down" and it is so funny to hear so I am always telling him to yell at people to "Get Down"...he seriously cracks me up...
And I thought I was a nervous wreck about the boys climbing up and down the bunk bed and both being on top...I am NOTHING compared to Chuck...he stands in there and watches and is seriously going to have a heart attack...I tell him all the time to get out and stop watching them because he can't stop them and it just makes you more nervous if you watch them...I think he is so nervous about it because him and his brothers had bunk beds and were playing on the top one and his brother pushed him off and there were drawers underneath the bottom bunk that were pulled out and he cracked his head open on the drawer and needed stitches and has a good scar...but I have accepted that they will most likely get hurt somehow someday on these beds and I just have to be ready for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment