Friday, September 2, 2011

One of the Hardest Days of My Life....

June 4th, 2011


Well as much as I lived in my little world of denial and hoped this day never came it did...I really didn't think it would be much different then the other two times but it was a Completely different experience with kids having to say goodbye for so long...
We all cried so much we were exhausted by the end...
and again I am so Thankful for all the family support and love and for the many people snapping pictures so we could have these memories and moments forever...
Thanks so much!!!



These were pictures of the drive coming into the airport...I love all the flags and all the people who came to say goodbye to their soldiers and loved ones...




These are photos of us all waiting and getting in as much time before Chuck has to get on the plane....








These were the signs made by our family showing their love and support for Chuck and the other soldiers...aren't they all so cute...





This is pictures of My Car, My Moms and My Aunt Hopes...




They called the guys over for Formation and then the Chaplain said a Final Prayer and we were givin the 5 minute goodbye warning...





It was the hardest thing watching him leave formation and walk towards us knowing that we only had 5 more minutes to say our goodbyes and give our hugs....





Odin had the Hardest time...he kept saying "I don't want to tell my Daddy goodbye." He thought that if he didn't tell his Daddy goodbye then his Daddy wouldn't have to get on the plane...It broke Chucks heart that Odin wouldn't give him a hug or say goodbye or anything...and it was heartbreaking to watch it all happen and not be able to make it all better...as a Mom and a Wife I wanted to make everything OK and I couldn't do anything this time but give hugs and love them both...
Even my Mom who Odin loves so much couldn't do anything to make it better for him...People all around us just stopped in their footsteps and watched in heartache as Odin cried and cried...it was absolutely heart wrenching and I cry every time I talk about it or think about it...





The rest of the family got their hugs in and goodbyes...





And then Chuck had to leave to go back to formation and we all lined up to see him walk to the plane...we got separated from Chucks parents and they had Cort and I started having a panic attack cause I didn't know where they were and I wanted to make sure Chuck saw us all one more time and that Cort saw his Daddy so my mom ran and found him and brought him to me and we watched for Daddy to come our way...Once we saw him I was able to get one last kiss and then he was gone to the plane...





We all just stood there and watched until we couldn't see the plane anymore...it was one of the most emotional and hardest days ever...





These two pictures of my grandparents are so touching and capture their worry...they have 4 grandsons total (including Chuck) in the Military and they worry like this every time they have to say good bye to one of them...





This was a quote on a friend of mines shirt and her husband left with my hubby also and I LOVE IT!!!


I do not wear tags or boots on my feet
I have never shot a gun or endured Iraq's heat

I don't wear a uniform or rise early for PT
I won't ever get promoted and I don't eat M.R.E.'s

I do, however, wear a ring on the left,
The one that he gave me, the day I said yes

I vowed that day, to stand by his side
While he fights for our freedom with honor and pride.

I promised to care for our kids and our home
I knew there'd be times when I'd sleep all alone

But that is okay, I chose this life
I take pride in being a soldier's wife.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about this day, even though it's been 3 months now, I still cry when I look at my pictures and others from this day! Such an emotional day indeed!!

    ReplyDelete