Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Febuary 8th, 2010

The first "Official" day of Potty Training!!!

Boy has this been a learning experience and one that I have to write down because it is moments I hope to never forget. Odin has been telling me when he goes potty in his diaper for a long time now and I just haven't pushed the potty issue. But then he started taking his diaper off when he went potty in it and even then I still didn't push the issue. But when he started taking his diaper off and going to the bathroom on the floor I thought OK now it is Really Time to get Serious. And then of course the day you want to start is never a good day and something always comes up or I talk myself out of it. But I have bit the bullet and I started the Big Potty Training Time.

On Super Bowl Sunday I talked to him throughout the day about how when he woke up in the morning that he was going to start wearing Big Boy Underwear and he would say Yea Yea and run off and play.
So Monday Morning Rolls around and he wakes up and we clean him up because of course by the time I get down to his room the diaper is off. So I clean him up and we grab his Big Boy Underwear and I have him pick a pair out to put on and them he picks some pants (that way when he has an accident it doesn't get all over the floor as easy). He gets them all on himself and I grab the stack of Big Boy Underwear (seriously I have about 20 pairs ready) and a stack of Clean Pants and bring them into the front room nice and ready. I have the washer and dryer empty and ready for the day. I have the bathroom light on and the door opened and the Big Boy Potty all ready for him.
We go through six pairs of underwear and pants and lots of towels and Lysol by noon but then something started clicking in that little head of his and he knew the feeling to watch for. He would tell me and we would run to the potty and he went the rest of the afternoon on his Big Boy Potty. I was so impressed with him. 
We had to go to Wal-Mart to get some money that Chuck had sent in a Money Gram so I had Odin go potty before we left and then when we got there I asked him if he need to go potty-he said No. So we go to Customer Service to get the money and this is how the conversation goes:

Me: "Odin do you need to go potty?"
Odin: "No"
Me (to Customer Service Lady): "He is wearing Big Boy Underwear today for the first time."
Customer Service Lady (to Odin): "Oh WOW you are wearing Big Boy Underwear?...That is so Cool!"
Odin (to the Customer Service Lady): "Yeah See???"- As he pulls his pants down to show her his Big Boy Underwear...
I seriously thought I was going to die...it was so dang funny...I hurried and knelt down and pulled his pants up and said "Yeah those are cool underwear but we don't need to show everyone OK"...and the Customer Service Lady and the people waiting behind me got a good laugh and a good show...I have learned my lesson NOT to talk about his Big Boy Underwear unless I am prepared for him to drop his pants and show EVERYONE...such a funny little man and so Proud to be in his Big Boy Underwear...

So I thought since Day 1 had gone so good that Day 2 was going to kill me but he woke up and wanted his Big Boy Underwear on right away and he had a few accidents but at times that I would have expected it...When I first got downstairs after he woke up he of course had his diaper off and I asked did you go pee anywhere and he said very proudly Yup and proceeded to show me where...
 
  

It is hard to see in the picture but there is pee in his brothers walking toy...Yep instead of opening the bathroom door and going in there on the toilet he went in his brothers toy...I have to say at least it wasn't on the floor right?...What a thinker he is or maybe just a stinker?...

he did go #2 in his underwear and that was not too fun but I am hoping tomorrow will bring a new found understanding...and if not the show must go on...I know he is going to have bad days and they won't always be this easy but so far he is doing a GREAT JOB!!! and I couldn't be prouder of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment